Topics Forums Bearded Dragons Cricket Contest

Viewing 11 reply threads
  • Author
    Posts 6 Favorite

Bubbles
      Participant
      Cricket Contest

Bubbles love’s them crickets. Please please please help me get them crunches…

Zoodulcis

Bubbles is sure a cutey!  Male or female?  And why the name Bubbles?  There surely is a story behind that!

Bubbles
      Participant

Bubbles is a female. It was hard to choose a name. But the first time i seen her bubble her eyes i thought of Bubbles from Trailer Park Boys.

Zoodulcis

I get it now.  Very cute name.  May I ask, why does she get bubbles in her eyes and how often?

Bubbles
      Participant

Beardies bulge their eyes during shedding time to loosen the skin. So around once a month while she’s shedding. Shes 22in long now so it’s around every 2 to 3 months.

Zoodulcis

Now I get what you mean by bubbles!  I was a little worried because some beardies form actual bubbles on the surface of the eyes if they are suffering from an eye or a respiratory infection.  Not the case with your girl, just all part of her natural process.  Thanks for clarifying. Speaking of shedding, do you find that she loses her appetite during that time?

Bubbles
      Participant

Crunches on a yummy cricket.

Zoodulcis

Good to see Bubbles again.  She looks good.  Here’s to hoping she gets that year’s worth of crickets, although she has some tough competition from Toothless this month.  Check out his picture and threads and you’ll see what I mean.  Still, Bubbles is a cutey.

Bubbles
      Participant

BASKING!!!

Zoodulcis

She really does seem to have a nice habitat.  Did you build this yourself?

Bubbles
      Participant

Peekaboo!!!

Zoodulcis

Bubbles looks like she is dreaming of being a mountain lion and pouncing from above on the unsuspecting human photographer.  Is the her favorite perch?

Viewing 11 reply threads

(adsbygoogle = window.adsbygoogle || []).push({});