Topics Forums Chameleons Cricket Contest

Viewing 13 reply threads
  • Author
    Posts 6 Favorite

wiv
      Participant
      Cricket Contest

This is Pastel, he loves to climb up my hair to the top of my head. On this day he took a detour to my glasses

CritterDepot
      Keymaster

He looks committed to his new location!  Hopefully you’re ok giving up your glasses for the sake of Pastel’s happiness lol

wiv
      Participant

Well this picture was taken last year when he was still quit small. Today I don’t think my nose could handle the weight, but I’m still committed to his happiness.

Zoodulcis

Pastel seems to be making quite a ‘spectacle’ of himself!  How old is he and how long have you had him?

wiv
      Participant

I only had him for a few months when this picture was taken. It will be a year Sept. He’s grown alot since then.

Zoodulcis

If he is a great deal larger, he may not be able to cling to those glasses unless he hooks that prehensile tail into your nose.  Other than wearing him as a living fashion statement, what else do you like about him as a companion animal?

wiv
      Participant

I take my glasses off my face but I will leave them on my head so he has something to hold onto. He’s definitely too big to sit on my nose. I love the way he moves he’s fascinating to watch. And he’s nice and slow, he can’t get away from me. Unlike my sons Bearded Dragon (Wyvern) moves a little to quick for me. Pastel is definitely more me speed. LOL Can I post another picture a little more recent.

Zoodulcis

Oh please do post more updated pix!  We were having trouble for a bit with folks not being able to post additional pictures and we solved that successfully last week, so the photos are pouring in.  And we would love to have pix of Wyvern (very Dungeons and Dragons sort of name, and notice how I actually know that).

Chameleon slow mo has always fascinated me as well.  It’s so very zen in a fast-paced world.  I find it quite entrancing.

wiv
      Participant

Pastel hanging out in his hibiscus tree. As you can see he’s grown quite a bit.

Zoodulcis

That is one of the nice things about such a slow moving animal, you can give them the freedom of the house or yard.  It’s one thing I like about tortoises.  He is indeed a bit bigger.  I see that he changed color to match his surroundings a bit.  Does he change color according to his moods as well?

wiv
      Participant

Yes I believe his mood definitely effects his color.   But he also gets darker when hes in the Sun. I’m uploading a new picture I think it shows his size a little bit better.

wiv
      Participant

Meet Wyvern  Hes busy guarding his castle.

wiv
      Participant

This is Neptune

Zoodulcis

Neptune seems to have a buoyant personality!  How many reptiles do you have, total?

Viewing 13 reply threads

(adsbygoogle = window.adsbygoogle || []).push({});