Topics Forums Bearded Dragons Cricket Contest – June 2019 Winner!

Viewing 8 reply threads
  • Author
    Posts 10 Favorite

gidynwa
      Participant
      Cricket Contest – June 2019 Winner!

This is Loken, my first reptile ever. He loves people, exploring, and crickets! At first I was very nervous but he is very happy and healthy.

• This topic was modified 4 years, 8 months ago by CritterDepot.

owen d spencer
      Participant

Wow he is very pretty, I love the colors, where did you get him.

gidynwa
      Participant

I actually got him at PetSmart! He was the most colorful and curious one there.

Zoodulcis

I agree, he is quite lovely.  What made you decide to get into reptile owning?  And why a beardie in particular?

gidynwa
      Participant

I wanted an indoor pet but I’m allergic to most things furry lol. I needed something that I could interact with, not a fish, and a bird is typically too noisy. I looked up some videos about beardies and thought they would be perfect! And thank you for the compliment!

CritterDepot
        Keymaster

Agree 100% that beardies are perfect pets.  He looks VERY active in your pics.  Do you ever let him explore the great outdoors?

Zoodulcis

Sounds like you made a thoughtful decision about acquiring this pet.  IMHO that is a much more sensible and ethical way to go about acquiring an animal companion than seeing one in the petstore and ‘falling in love’.  And nervousness is good!  It keeps people from becoming complacent about their pet’s well being.  What was it about beardies in particular that appealed to you instead of, say, a gecko or chameleon?

gidynwa
      Participant

I haven’t let him outside yet, I am waiting u til he gets a bit bigger. He loves exploring the house though!

CritterDepot
      Keymaster

gidynwa, congratulations!  With 9 Critter Golds, you are the official winner for the month of June 2019!  Be on the lookout for an email that contains your coupon code for free crickets.  This coupon code can be used 12 times.

Hope Loken enjoys!

gidynwa
      Participant

Awesome!!!! He definitely will enjoy. Thank you!

Viewing 8 reply threads

(adsbygoogle = window.adsbygoogle || []).push({});