Topics Forums Everything Else Cricket Contest

Viewing 2 reply threads
  • Author
    Posts 4 Favorite

MisfitCritterCo
      Participant
      Cricket Contest

This is Sully, my beautiful honduran curly hair turantula. I named him after the monsters inc monster, because he’s big fuzzy and scary lookin but totally harmless. He’s about 3 years old now, and was a rescue of sorts but also a very important reminder of a lost loved one. I went to the pet store looking at all the big healthy turantulas, then I saw him curled in a little plastic cup, he was hardly alive and I got him for $7. I dropper fed him Pedialyte with crickets blended into it. My grandpa Joe bought him, his tank and his big plastic hide for me. 3 weeks before he died in a house fire.

CritterDepot
      Keymaster

Sorry to hear that about your Grandpa.  But that’s wonderful that you rescued Sully.  Is that the same luxurious red linen that you Flick uses?

MisfitCritterCo
        Participant

Thank you, the funny part is grandpa was terrified of spiders but went with me to buy Sulky because he knew how much I wanted one. It is, I pretty much made a mini studio with my old prom dress and some cardboard

Zoodulcis

Also sorry to hear about your loss.  Is Sully healthy enough now to crawl up onto your hands and enjoy the experience or does his earlier neglect make him a nervous enough about handling to flick hairs?

MisfitCritterCo
        Participant

He is, you’d never know he was so sickly. Every now and then I’ll spook him and get some rump hair thrown at me, but he’s normally pretty easy going about being handled. I let him run my living room in a hamster ball sometimes, he loves to explore in it because I think it makes him feel safe.

Viewing 2 reply threads

(adsbygoogle = window.adsbygoogle || []).push({});