Topics Forums Lizards What’s a good substrate for beardies that is relatively sanitary? Paper towels are great but are unsightly, cleaning pee of shelf liner would be a pain.

Viewing 3 reply threads
  • Author
    Posts 1 Favorite

Matt Brubaker
      Keymaster

What’s a good substrate for beardies that is relatively sanitary? Paper towels are great but are unsightly, cleaning pee of shelf liner would be a pain.

SandraRie
      Participant

Tile, it’s easy to clean and helps wear down their nails.

CritterDepot
      Keymaster

Agee with SandraRie.  Tile is typically the better substrate f or sanitation.  However, it does require some custom-build, handy-man work to get it to fit perfectly in the bottom of your habitat.

Allia
      Participant

Vinyl flooring tile… $6.50 was enough pieces from Home Depot to floor my 36x18x18 twice (I have a full set of backup tiles) and you can cut them with an exacto knife. Here is my full terrarium with the vinyl flooring.

Zoodulcis

Isn’t the convenience of being able to cut them to fit a nice feature. What is your favorite method of sterilizing them, since I was just corresponding with another forum member on that topic?

Allia
          Participant

I use Clorox wipes for quick cleanups and I have a hand steamer for extensive cleanups.I use very diluted dawn soap in a spray bottle, my hand steamer and paper towels.

Viewing 3 reply threads

(adsbygoogle = window.adsbygoogle || []).push({});